Friday, June 10, 2011

Healthiest Foods and Grilled Honey Salmon



Have you ever wondered if there exists a list of the healthiest foods around? If you were to search "healthy foods list" on the internet, you would get a wide range of results. Some of these foods include blueberries, sweet potatoes, salmon and spinach.
I try to use these foods in as many ways as I can in different recipes and combinations. Try a few of these recipes yourself, and find out how easy and delicious healthy eating can be.


4 5 oz. salmon fillets
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 Tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

lemon slices optional

Preparation:
Preheat grill and lightly spray with cooking oil.
Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on grates coated with cooking spray. In a small dish, whisk together the oil, honey, and garlic and set aside. Sprinkle the salmon fillets evenly with the salt and black pepper. Using a basting brush, spread the honey mixture evenly over the salmon fillets. Grill until salmon flakes easily. Serve on a bed of sauteed spinach.

Try some of these other recipes!

13 comments:

  1. Oh what an awesome recipe for salmon!! This one is a keeper. Thanks, Claudia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you knew how much we love salmon. I make it every week and I bet I have over 50 recipes across my blogs, for salmon. It is my weekly challenge to make it a bit differently.

    I used honey, this week, also. I made a honey mustard sauce. So good.

    Yours has to be added to my salmon list. I have to sub for the garlic. Hubby does not react well to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing - unfortunately, I'm allergic to Salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salmon is so great! It is one of the healthiest and tastiest food. The way you cooked your salmon is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious fish dish! Buzzed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love grilled salmon...and this recipe sounds wonderful, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look yummy, I want to try this recipes! you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to prepare salmon! Super healthy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice salmon recipe, I believe you can't get any healthier than a nice feed of salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love grilled salmon and can't wait to make this. Super healthy and easy to make meal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully grilled salmon...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salmon is on our menu once a week and for good reason. Costco sells a terrific Wild Alaskan salmon that I keep in the freezer. It's easy and convenient. I'll use this recipe for the next meal.

    ReplyDelete

Wishing you a happy healthy heart, thanks for commenting and reading blogs got heart!

Homemade Coconut Oil Salt or Sugar Scrub

I was inspired from my good friend Jessica to make this coconut oil salt body scrubs. After she told me about this coconut oil body scrub s...