Healthier Apple Berry Crumble
Apple Berry Crumble
- 6 mcintosh or gala apples cut in slices
- 1 cup blackberries or blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- zest from 1 lime and juice squeezed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- fat free vanilla ice cream or fat free whipped cream(optional)
Heat oven to 350° F. In a shallow baking dish, combine the fruits, honey, pecans, lime zest, and juice. Toss and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and butter. Using your fingertips, work the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly and sprinkle over the apples.
Bake until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired or fat free whipped cream.