|A great soup filled with vitamins! Enjoy this healthy bowl of comfort!|
Other benefits of soup:
- Low in fat (specially saturated fat)
- Great for sickness and those who have trouble chewing, digesting or are recuperating from an illness.
- Soy can help lower the risk of breast cancer. In fact, a recent Japanese study showed that their level of breast cancer is about 10 times lower than in the West.
- Great during dieting periods or if you want to lose weight quickly for a special occasion. Do keep in mind that drinking lots of bowls of one specific broth (like cabbage) is unlikely to result in any more weight loss than drinking a variety of soups. I love vegetable, chicken, lentil and white bean among those who are dieting!
- Thick soups (especially those that contain pureed vegetables) can be used as main dishes and are a great way to get more veggies into your diet.
- Cold soups such as Gazpacho and Borscht are a great summer meal.
- Most soups now come in a low-fat, low-sodium or light options for those who want more control over the nutritional content of their diet. Vegetarian soups are also widely available and can be a great option for those worried about saturated fat.
So here is a great vegetable soup for all those who will make that New Years diet resolution coming up soon! Happy Holidays ! Thanks for reading Blogsgotheart... Wishing you a safe and healthy Merry Christmas Season.
1 28 oz.can peeled plum tomatoes
6 cups chicken stock (or substitute same amount of vegetable stock)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped fennel optional
1 bag mixed vegetables or if you have leftovers use corn, cut green beans, carrots, pea's
1/2 cups chopped carrots
2 1/2 cups chopped potatoes with the skin on
1 large green zucchini, chopped, or substitute or mix with yellow squash
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can white northern or cannellini beans
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup ditalini, orzo or other small pasta such as acini pepe boiled seperately
grated Parmesan cheese
In a very large sauce pot, add chicken broth, tomatoes, paste, bring to a boil. Add the vegetables and herbs. Simmer until all vegetables are soft about an hour Add boiled pasta of choice.Nothing better on a cold day to take the chill out enjoy~!!!!