Friday, January 25, 2013

Fresh Spinach and Sweet Peppers Benefits and Weight Loss



Using spinach to lose weight is a healthy way to get your daily vitamins and fiber.  Besides being rich in fiber, Vitamin K and Iron, it can be very beneficial to weight loss.  Eating it raw gives you a daily dose of Vitamin C. Adding a salad before your main meal will make you feel full and eat less dinner. 

There are many ways to get your daily dose in a delicious way. Salads, spinach sauteed with peppers then used in omelets are just a few suggestions.

Here's a lowfat salad dressing to top that raw spinach with along with some suggestions to give you a added flavor to that salad:

2 tablespoons of each:
Orange juice
balsamic vinegar
dried cranberries
olive oil

1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Add a little of each in a cup, whisk to blend and pour over the raw spinach.
You can also add low fat feta cheese, chopped apples, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots.


4 comments:

  1. I take salad to work for my lunch, frequently and I always add spinach and sweet peppers. I am doing my part, but the weight loss seems to be forgetting to do its part of the deal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice spinach salad

    ReplyDelete
  3. healthy salad looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad my mother gave me a sincere appreciation of fresh spinach - loving the salad. Loving the presentation.

    ReplyDelete

Wishing you a happy healthy heart, thanks for commenting and reading blogs got heart!

Plastic Filled Christmas Ornaments

The skies the limit with imagination with these plastic filled Christmas ornaments! Using things I find around the house and outside t...