Natural Relief for the Common Cold Remedies
Fever less than 102
- Zinc: May help with replication of virus to prevent. Zinc is found in lozenges form
- Vitamin D: Reduces risks for catching a cold.
- Astragalus: A Chinese root that boosts the immune system. Can be found in capsules or tea form.
- Garlic: A natural antibiotic
- Vitamin C: Studies found that taking 1000 units will reduce the incidence of colds and flu.
- Honey: Soothing for the throat and helps a cough.
- Echinacea: Herb found in Air borne over the counter can combat before the flu or cold strikes.
- Ginseng: Effective in lessening the duration of flu and cold. Check with your doctor first before using if on blood thinners.
- Ginger: Try hot ginger tea with honey and lemon for aches, pains, nasal and eye issues. Check with your doctor first if you are taking blood thinners before using ginger.
- Elderberry: Can be found in health food stores only used commerical as the actual berry can be poisonous. Can be found in syrup forms and capsules. Great for sinus and cold symptoms.
- Eucalyptus: Use the oil mixed with steam and inhale it to reduce nasal discomfort and respiratory symptoms.
For Roasted Garlic Click Link Below for a great recipe:
The Wonders of Garlic