Twitter Follow

Follow blogsgotheart on Twitter

Friday, September 12, 2014

Slim Down Diary Recipe and Hot Black Bean Dip

You may remember I write this particular blog because of family history of heart disease. My goal is to of course live longer and have a happy healthy heart.  Blogs Got Heart has been on hiatus for awhile. Well today I am starting with a new series of slim down healthy recipes. I will feature just the recipes without photo's, so if you're a reader of this blog and you love photo's and never read the recipe, this blog won't be for you. This will be a  series to get on track, lose some unwanted pounds and stay healthy with this diary of recipes. Thanks for reading and I hope you like this new journey ahead. I will feature one recipe a week and set it on Sunday. Enjoy this first recipe they will all be easy I promise! +claudia lamascolo  Author



Hot Black Bean Dip:  1/4 cup is 64 calories


1 can fat free refried black or pinto beans if you can't find black beans
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup salsa
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
optional pinch of cayenne pepper

1/2 cup low fat cheddar is optional

In a bowl combine beans, sour cream, salsa and seasoning. Spoon mixture into a 4 cup shallow pan. Top with cheese if your using. Bake for 15 minutes at 325 degree oven until heated.  Best served with raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots or celery.