Friday, January 25, 2013
Using spinach to lose weight is a healthy way to get your daily vitamins and fiber. Besides being rich in fiber, Vitamin K and Iron, it can be very beneficial to weight loss. Eating it raw gives you a daily dose of Vitamin C. Adding a salad before your main meal will make you feel full and eat less dinner.
There are many ways to get your daily dose in a delicious way. Salads, spinach sauteed with peppers then used in omelets are just a few suggestions.
Here's a lowfat salad dressing to top that raw spinach with along with some suggestions to give you a added flavor to that salad:
2 tablespoons of each:
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Add a little of each in a cup, whisk to blend and pour over the raw spinach.
You can also add low fat feta cheese, chopped apples, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Fever less than 102
- Zinc: May help with replication of virus to prevent. Zinc is found in lozenges form
- Vitamin D: Reduces risks for catching a cold.
- Astragalus: A Chinese root that boosts the immune system. Can be found in capsules or tea form.
- Garlic: A natural antibiotic
- Vitamin C: Studies found that taking 1000 units will reduce the incidence of colds and flu.
- Honey: Soothing for the throat and helps a cough.
- Echinacea: Herb found in Air borne over the counter can combat before the flu or cold strikes.
- Ginseng: Effective in lessening the duration of flu and cold. Check with your doctor first before using if on blood thinners.
- Ginger: Try hot ginger tea with honey and lemon for aches, pains, nasal and eye issues. Check with your doctor first if you are taking blood thinners before using ginger.
- Elderberry: Can be found in health food stores only used commerical as the actual berry can be poisonous. Can be found in syrup forms and capsules. Great for sinus and cold symptoms.
- Eucalyptus: Use the oil mixed with steam and inhale it to reduce nasal discomfort and respiratory symptoms.
For Roasted Garlic Click Link Below for a great recipe:
The Wonders of Garlic
Thank you GoodWipes for sponsoring this post! all opinions are my own... I am so excited to introduce this awesome product to you...